- Why Buy Gloss Paints?
- Best Gloss Paint 2022
- 1. Rust-Oleum AMZ0091 750ml – Best Multi Surface Paint
- 2. Dulux Quick Dry Gloss Paint For Wood And Metal – Best White Gloss Paint
- 3. Crown Quick Dry Gloss 2.5L Pure Brilliant White – Quick Dry Gloss Paint
- 4. Johnstone’s 303900 Gloss Brilliant White – ONE COAT WHITE GLOSS PAINT
- 5. Ronseal WPRBG750 Weatherproof Wood Paint – Best Exterior Wood Paint
- 6. Zinsser Allcoat Exterior Water Based Paint – Zinsser AllCoat Exterior Gloss
Worried about finding the Best gloss paint?
Are you still sorting out the most suitable gloss paint for your interior or exterior surfaces?
Many people end up buying the wrong paint and eventually waste a lot of time and money, after thoroughly studying hundreds of experts’ reviews and positive feedback from many satisfied customers who are willing to come back and buy more paint. We have enlisted down some of the Best Gloss Paints and reviewed each of them just for your convenience.
Why Buy Gloss Paints?
Gloss paints will give your kitchen Cabinets or bathroom walls the perfect sheen and excellent flawless surface coverage as they are highly recommended for walls, ceilings, trim, metals surfaces and woods that are prone to get stained by dirt, oil, and molds or have water leakages more frequently and thus are needed to be scrubbed more.
Best quality gloss paints are known for their high durability, mold resistance, lesser odour, humidity resistance, rust-proof, water-proof, weather shield stain-resistance, fast dry, non-yellowing property, and fungal resistance. Now let’s have an insightful look at the features of each of the Best Gloss Paint we have reviewed down top 6 gloss paints to buy in the U.K here:
Best Gloss Paint 2022
1. Rust-Oleum AMZ0091 750ml – Best Multi Surface Paint
To reduce the hassle of the traditional hectic step-wise rule of applying primer before painting, Rust-Oleum All Surface Gloss Paint offers you with all in one primer plus paint feature which is one of the Best One Coat Gloss Paint. This type of versatile paint allows you to paint any metal, paint for wood, masonry, ceramics, plastics and even rusty surfaces, suitable for both exterior and interior. For any galvanized and non-ferrous surfaces, it is instructed to use Universal special metals primer before applying the paint.
- All in one, paint with primer.
- Suitable for all surfaces.
- Dries up in 2 hours, hardens in 8 hours.
Available in 14 – 17 contemporary colours. Coverage – Up to 9m2/litre. Coverage may vary depending upon method and rate of application and type of surface. Gives perfect glossy, sheen and flawless coverage.
- Easily applicable with a brush.
- Available in 250ml and 750ml tins.
- Paint can be thinned using 10% spirit.
- Highly recommended all-rounder high-quality perfect sheen gloss paint for all kinds of interior and exterior surfaces.
- Achieves complete hardness in a week.
- The strong noxious smell is as high in VOCs, and it requires proper ventilation.
- To recoat the surface, you need a time interval gap of 16 hours between the two coats.
- Too viscous for spray painting.
- Dries up into the different shade of colour.
2. Dulux Quick Dry Gloss Paint For Wood And Metal – Best White Gloss Paint
One of the biggest complaints with gloss paint are the longer lengths of drying time and awful sharp odours. Dulux paints is a well-known paint brand name globally due to its no-compromise policy on the quality and features of paint products. Dulux Quick Dry White Gloss Paint is a water-based paint, and it requires no under-coating, non-yellowing colour guaranteed, pleasant to work with no odours, perfect best and metal surfaces.
- Surface coverage capacity 16m²/L per coat.
- No undercoats required.
- Dries in one hour and hardens in 6 hours.
Two layers recommended for perfect coverage results. Dulux quick dry gloss paint is available in 25 different colours for you to choose.
- Wipe able and non-yellowing formula paint.
- More suitable for interiors.
- More ideal for poorly ventilated areas.
- Low VOCs and low odours.
- Best paint for wood and metal surfaces recommended for paintings radiators.
- Available with three different finishes such as satinwood, eggshell and gloss.
- To recoat, there is an interval gap of 6 hours of drying time between 2 coats.
- For perfect gloss finish, you need to scrape off the old layer.
- Poor adherence to oil paint coated surfaces.
- Due to being quick dry gloss paint, if painted with brush leaves brush marks on the surface while coating.
3. Crown Quick Dry Gloss 2.5L Pure Brilliant White – Quick Dry Gloss Paint
Crown quick dry gloss paint is another one of the best seller gloss paints which come up with features like excellent pure non-yellowing, long-lasting stay, white semi-gloss finish. It allows you to satisfy yourself with the result of a high-quality gloss with touch dry results in an hour. It is recommended to use sandpaper before applying over an oil-based surface and primer for unprimed surfaces for better performances and adherence.
- Coverage – Up to 16m2/litre.
- It is a water-based formula that easily allows you to wipe paint with dampen cloth.
Semi-gloss, more sheen than silk but not high gloss. Available in 750ml and 2.5L tins. Available in nine different colours.
- Best gloss paint for wood and metal surfaces such as doors, window frames and radiators.
- Long-lasting, non-yellowing white semi-gloss finishing paint.
- The consistency is neither runny, nor the paint drips.
- You can easily wash your brush or roller for reuse.
- If you are not using an undercoat for new wood, then use 9:1 paint to water ratio to get better surface adherence.
- Low odour, recommended for enclosed interiors with poor ventilation.
- Poor adherence on non-primed surfaces or surfaces having prior oil-based paint coat.
- Due to the quick-dry feature, painting with brush leaves marks. However, using a quality acrylic brush or roller is highly recommended for perfect finishing.
4. Johnstone’s 303900 Gloss Brilliant White – ONE COAT WHITE GLOSS PAINT
Have you ever encountered the situation of having the urge to need to paint your window frames, doors, radiators, kitchen cabinets, fences as their paint has faded up into yellowish dull oxidized colour, but your budget doesn’t allow you to?
Johnston’s One Coat gloss Paint is the ultimate pocket-friendly solution gloss paint that comes with one coat gloss paint serving as self-undercoat and also providing brilliant coverage.
- Provides with a high sheen finish.
- Serves as all self-priming or self-undercoat too.
Highly recommended for skirting boards, metal frames, doors and window frames. For more durable performances, we recommend using a primer before the paint.
- Easily applicable with brush or roller.
- Durable white gloss finish.
- Cost-effective and efficient.
- 1.25 Liters paint tin provides surface coverage to 12.5m²
- Highly recommended for skirting boards, metal surfaces, radiators, porous wood surfaces.
- Requires more than 24 hours to dry and due to noxious odour emission requires proper ventilation for health safety.
- Incompatible to be used with sprays due to its thick consistency.
- No colour range.
- For darker unprimed surfaces it might take more than one coat.
- No exceptional performance on unprimed wood.
- Not suitable for plastic surfaces.
- Due to thick consistency, it can’t be used with sprays.
5. Ronseal WPRBG750 Weatherproof Wood Paint – Best Exterior Wood Paint
If you are looking for suitable exterior paint for wood for uncertain British weather. Ronseal weatherproof exterior gloss paint is highly recommended for exterior rainy weather for your wood surfaces. This water-proof and weatherproof paint guarantees the provision of 10 years of longevity and also no cracking or peeling on the surface.
- Highly durable.
- Water-proof and weatherproof.
Highly recommended for your outdoor wood furniture.
Ideal to be applied with a brush, Two coats recommended for better performances.
- Guaranteed to last up to 10 years.
- For better results, two coats are recommended.
- 13.0m² covered per litre.
- Quickly dries up, touches dry and water-proof as well in an hour.
- Resists any kind of peeling, blistering or cracking on the wood surface and adjusts with the wood movements.
- Highly recommended for shed, fence, wooden boat, garden furniture and metal table.
- Superb coverage.
- Brush marks due to quick-dry formula.
- Acrylic or synthetic brushes are recommended for better results.
- Be careful with paint and taped surfaces, while removing them you might remove some of your paint also.
6. Zinsser Allcoat Exterior Water Based Paint – Zinsser AllCoat Exterior Gloss
Zinsser All Coat Exterior Gloss is an ultimate performance water-based paint that offers supreme protection to all kinds of exterior surfaces either wood, metal, masonry, plastic, concrete or cladding.
It forms vapour-permeable, low maintenance, water-shedding coating. For most jobs, there is no need to purchase a separate primer. Zinsser All Coat Exterior Gloss gives excellent resistance against cracking, blistering and flaking. The tough finish is resistant to rain, and severe weather and also offers superior colour retention. Also, the paint contains a biocide to protect the dried coating against fungal degradation.
- Excellent colour retention.
- Allows you multi-surface application.
Once you remove any existing moulds and mildews, two coats of All Coat Exterior Gloss will ensure that any exterior looks bright and beautiful for years. The first coat primes and seals the surface, providing a base for the topcoat. The topcoat completes the sealing process while providing additional moisture resistance and protection.
- Fast recoat time – 1 hour
- Self-priming paint can be applied without sanding previous paint surfaces.
- Paint is ideally suited to exterior buildings with timber and metal cladding.
- No need to buy a separate primer.
- Paints contain biocide that acts against molds, and mildews.
- Flexible film
- Dries up quickly and makes it harder to remove dripping stains.
- Not suitable for external PVC.